It’s not as tough as how people make it out be. In fact, it’s just a test of time and knowledge. Like all things, don’t think it’s easier said than done. But there are a few strategies you can use to your advantage and must know before starting with this task.
Here are the top five things to keep in mind before you start writing your thesis:
- Stay grounded and focused More often than not, you will be too scared to do anything for the single purpose that there will be a huge bundle of things that needs to be done. The most essential way of laying down a solid foundation for your study will be to come up with an aim or more appropriately, a mission statement. This statement is the summarized and condensed description of your entire work. More often than not, it cannot exceed one line. After you have come up with an appropriate title, put it up somewhere you can see it always, every day. This sort of serves as a motivation factor as well.
- Distractions are a given To forget is human, to remember inappropriate things and chores at study time is also human. This is one of the biggest hurdles you will face when starting and during your work. Just when you think you have some momentum and get stuff done, you suddenly happen to remember some chores to run and appointments that had to be made yesterday. The dilemma is a sure thing in guaranteeing you are deviating from your work. So, keep a small pad by your side and make a list of everything you remember and to-do’s. Make it a point not to let anything get in the way of your research.
- The draught of ideas When you start with your report you are bursting with ideas and thoughts. But you will gradually filter out the good ones from the bad, the relevant ones from the irrelevant ones. At the end you are left with nothing but a handful of ideas that seem a little bleak and less exciting than then before. Bear in mind that this is a completely normal thing. But keep on writing. Do not stop. Just write.
- Schedule Prepare a schedule with a fixed time and preferably a fixed place as well when you can work on your research. This helps develop a habit of perseverance. Make it a point to finish a certain number of pages at the end of each session. This helps with your great deal than you think you will.
- Rome wasn’t built in a day No research was done in a day either. You can’t expect to have everything done by working a couple of hours straight. It requires more than that. So make it a point to prepare yourself for the long haul.
So, there you go, top five things that will help you throughout your assignment. Keep calm and stay focused.